Navonim - The Ramblings of Garnel Ironheart

Navonim - The Ramblings of Garnel Ironheart
BUY THIS BOOK! Now available on Amazon! IT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE COMPLETE!

Thursday 14 February 2008

An Interesting Encounter

I was in the supermarket yesterday and ran into an old clinical teacher of mine from residency who isn't Jewish. He walked over quickly and said "I'm glad I saw you. I had the most amazing experience on the weekend." I quickly wondered what had happened. Was it a cryptococcal meningitis, or possibly a toxic shock syndrome? Maybe an acute cor pulmonale in the absence of left ventricular dysfunction?

No. "I went to this Orthodox Jewish wedding! It was so f--ing amazing! The outpouring of joy, the way people celebrated. I've never seen so much f---ing happiness in my life! I told my wife, they should have a recruiting table and if they did, I'll f---ing sign up right now!"

I managed to keep a straight face as dialogue from The Big Lebowski came to mind. Actually, come to think of it, this teacher bears a passing resemblance to John Goodman. Anyway, I started to note "Well, there are some other parts to being Jewish than just going to weddings..." when he looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, but it was so amazing. Have you ever been to one?"

That caught me off guard. "Um, I had one myself," I stuttered. My teacher, undeterred,m continued on: "Well, it must have been f---ing amazing too. Wait a sec, are you Orthodox?"

1 comment:

SuperRaizy said...

That's a funny story!