Why has this blog not been so busy of late? There are a few reasons:
1) I'm busy at work. About the only time I have to spend on the blogosphere comes during brief breaks between patients which is conducive to visiting other blogs and leave comments but not to putting up a famously deep and intellectual post.
2) I'm tired at the end of the day. By the time the last patient has gone home and I've cleared my desk, all I want to do is hit the road and head home. The idea of spending hours searching the Internet to write something about is not appealing at that point.
3) I need the time to learn. I work all day so the only chances I get to sit and engage in limud Torah is either first thing in the morning before the first patient rolls through the door or in the evening when I get home. Blogging is not a priority over that.
4) Frankly it's starting to get boring. There are some good sites that I enjoy visiting for divrei Torah and others for fun tidbits of news but on average, most things are repetitive. The Chareidim provide the same type of news over and over again. How many times can one post something along the lines of "chareidim run wild!"? As for the other side, the arrogance and general stupidity of the atheoskeptopraxists long ago ceased to be infuriating and is now merely nauseating and not worth paying much attention to.
What I would like is to share more divrei Torah but time is at a premium right now. The learning takes so long there isn't much left for dispensing although I hope to find time for that eventually.
5) I'm frustrated that I don't get more comments. I do my best to support other blogs and there's at least half a dozen out there where I'm either first comment on their posts or the only one that seems to be interested in interacting and leaving thoughts on the post. This service does not seem to be reciprocated and I'll grudgingly admit I find it annoying.
6) I have a life. I don't spend my day desperately trying to connect to the rest of the world via my video screen. I actually go out and talk to people - gasp! - face to face. Lots of blogs would probably post a lot less if they had to do that. Try it, it's fun sometimes.